Terms of Service
The .NGO and .ONG portal and global directory (“OnGood”) are available to registrants who have certified their NGO organization and wish to become members. .NGO and .ONG registrants are not required to become members.
Public Interest Registry (the “Registry”) policies may also apply to Registrants’ and an end-users’ (“End-User”) use of OnGood, including the Name Selection Policy, Registration Policy for .NGO and .ONG, Restrictions Dispute Resolution Policy (RDRP), Takedown Policy, Anti-Abuse Policy and Privacy Notice (collectively the “Other Policies”).
- OnGood Services.OnGood includes a Directory of Non-Governmental Organization (“NGO”) (the “Directory”), a profile page allowing the Organization to post information about itself (the “Profile Page”) and an option for End-Users to donate to the Organization (the “Donation Tool”).
- Organization End-Users are responsible for (i) all material in OnGood provided to OnGood about itself, and (ii) all material it posts on OnGood (“Organization’s OnGood Content”). Organization End-User represents and warrants that it has the right to publish the Organization’s OnGood Content on OnGood and that Organization’s OnGood Content does not violate the rights of any third party.
- Registry may use material from Organization End-User OnGood Content for publicity and marketing purposes related to the Registry.
- Organizations are responsible for material posted by end-user in connection with the solicitation of donations through the Donation Tool and for use of the Donation Tool by the End-Users. Organization End-User represents and warrants that it has the right to publish any materials it publishes in connection with the Donation Tool (including, but not limited to, any solicitation of donations and personally identifiable information), and that End-User use of the Donation Tool will not violate the rights of other End-Users and any third party.
- Organization represents and warrants that material posted by End-User in OnGood and in connection with the Donation Tool and its use of OnGood and its use of the Donation Tool will comply with applicable governmental requirements.
- Self-Certification. At time of registration, Registrant will self-certify it meets the eligibility requirements of an NGO. All Registrants of .NGO and .ONG are subject to audit of its eligibility and may be asked to provide evidence of its NGO status.
The Registrant will be required to certify that the information and documentation it submitted in the validation process remains true. The Registry may, conduct random audits of Registrants to ensure compliance with NGO eligibility requirements. The Registrant acknowledges and understands that, in the event it is selected for an audit, it will promptly comply with any inquiries and requests from the Registry to provide additional evidence of its NGO status. If, as a result of the audit process, the Registry determines (in its sole discretion) that the Registrant does meet the NGO eligibility requirements, the Registrant’s domain name bundle will be deleted and released back into the pool of available domains and any fees paid in connection with the Registrant’s domain name bundle will be forfeit.
Audit validation documentation may consist of one or more of the following: government lists, a credential issued by a governmental body (a “NGO Credential”) corporate documents (e.g., Articles of Incorporation), tax records or other documents evidencing the entity’s charitable status and work in the community it serves. The Registry may attempt to confirm that the documentation provided establishes the Registrant’s NGO status. In the event that the Registry requires additional information to confirm the Registrant’s NGO status (which is determined in the Registry’s sole discretion), it will notify the Registrant that more information is needed to complete, the audit process and the Registrant will need to provide such information to complete the audit. Registrant grants the Registry a royalty-free perpetual license to utilize any NGO Credentials it receives in order improve the audit process and to ensure the ongoing accuracy of audit validation information for other NGOs in its country of origin.
If the Registrant does not successfully complete the audit process within thirty (30) days from the date of receiving the audit notification, the domain name bundle will be placed on ServerHold, deactivating the domain. If validation is not completed after 3 months and no response to audit is provided, the domain name will be deleted and released back into the pool of available domains. Any fees paid in connection with the registration of the domain name bundle will be forfeit.
- Indemnity.Registrant shall indemnify and hold the Registry harmless from any liability and expense arising from:
- any claim arising from donations to Registrant through the Donation Tool.
- Change in Ownership. Any change of ownership of a domain name bundle in .NGO and .ONG may result in deletion of Registrant’s OnGood Content, unless the new Registrant of that .NGO and .ONG bundle affirmatively agrees to these Terms.
- Privacy. To the extent that PIR processes personal data in the context of domain name registration (i.e. the registration information we receive from registrars, as well as additional credential information provided by the registrant, to conduct and complete audit processes as required by our ICANN contracts) we will make all reasonable efforts to ensure that personal information is not further processed in a way incompatible with the purpose for which it was collected or received. For more information about PIR’s Privacy Notice, including how website data is handled and data access and amendment processes, please visit (https://thenew.org/org-people/about-pir/policies/pir-privacy-policy/). Inquiries can be made electronically via email to email@example.com, or via mail to Privacy Office c/o Public Interest Registry, 11911 Freedom Drive,
10th Floor, Suite 1000, Reston, VA 20190, USA.
- Disclaimers of Warranties.THE SERVICES PROVIDED BY REGISTRY TO REGISTRANT COVERED BY THESE TERMS ARE PROVIDED ON AN “AS IS” BASIS WITHOUT WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED.
7. Controlling Law. These Terms are governed by the laws of the Commonwealth of Virginia, USA, without regard to conflict of law provisions. Registrant agrees that any legal action or proceeding relating to the domains registered in .NGO and .ONG or OnGood in which Registry is named as a party shall be brought only in the state or federal courts located in Fairfax County, Virginia, USA. Registrant consents to jurisdiction and venue in those courts.